Tuesday, February 10, 2009

when am i going to learn?

about a week before any trip, i say to myself, "okay, you should probably start packing right about now." usually i end up packing the night before i leave. true to form, on friday i decided i would start packing. it is now tuesday and i have yet to do any more than throw some stuff on my brother's empty bedroom floor.

instead, i have filled the past few days doing... well, i don't even know where all of my time has gone. i've been shopping for all of the last-minute things i need, playing wii with kevin, downloading an obscene amount of music, seeing people for the last time, cuddling with picabo, and things of that nature. i've also been busy trying to figure out student visas, finding places to live in australia, and trying to decide where i'll spend the next 3 years. today i spent the afternoon watching madagascar: escape 2 africa. it made me SO pumped for my safari! now i will have to hum "i like 'em big... i like 'em chunky... i like 'em big... i like 'em plumpy" if i happen to run across a hippopotamus. (watch the movie)

of course, now i am freaking out a tad about everything i have yet to do. and by "a tad," i mean i may be on the verge of an aneurysm. and what am i doing? procrastinating further by updating my blog. i am amazed by my own ridiculousness. 

andrew came over today to pick up my third bag (filled with 16 pairs of running shoes and soccer cleats!), which he is so kindly checking for me. as he left, he gave me a hug and said, "see you in africa!" :)

i can hardly even believe that in a few short days i'll be in AFRICA! it really only just set in at that point that i'm actually leaving. that being said, with the riots in madagascar that have killed 25 and the fires in australia that have killed almost 200, i won't be surprised if i wake up on friday and my mom has locked me into my bedroom for eternity. i'm not really nervous about the trip. i know things will work out. i'm sure i'll be more nervous as i get closer to leaving for madagascar, but mainly i'm just stressed about trying to get everything done and packed before i leave! 

well, time to continue avoiding packing by watching american idol and judging paula's endless supply of vomit-inducing outfits. i just realized she has extremely short fingers. and there is a guy with his cheek pierced. man, what a quality waste of time.





and i will fear no evil, for my god is with me. and if my god is with me, whom then shall i fear? whom then shall i fear? oh no, you never let go through the calm and through the storm. oh no, you never let go in every high and every low. oh no, you never let go. lord, you never let go of me. --matt redman

No comments:

Post a Comment